Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo
Rules and Regulations
Last Revised: 9/13/16
1. All State and Federal Fish Regulations apply to the St. Jude Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo.
2. All Rodeo events on Friday, October 7, 2016, including registration and the captain’s dinner, will be held at Butch’s Sonnier’s camp - The Empire Social & Pleasure Club (111 Last Cast Lane Empire, LA 70041).
3. All Rodeo events on Saturday, October 8, 2016, including the weigh-in, will also be held at Butch’s Sonnier’s camp - The Empire Social & Pleasure Club (111 Last Cast Lane Empire, LA 70041).
4. All eligible fish must be caught by rod, reel, hook and line only. Artificial and live baits are allowed, as well as baits like dead shrimp.
5. All fish must be weighed on the designated Rodeo scale. Only fish weighed on the designated Rodeo scale by the SJMC designated Weigh-Master will be eligible for participation. Fish will be weighed one time only. The Weigh-Master has final authority on declaring weights and fish condition (whether fish will be allowed to be weighed) and cannot be overruled by anyone, including committee members. Excessive arguing with Rodeo organizers or the Weigh-Master will result in disqualification. Care should be taken not to interfere with the Weigh-Master.
6. No frozen, spoiled, gutted, altered or mutilated fish will be accepted by the Weigh-Master. Fish already weighed, will be designated by the Weigh-Master clipping the dorsal or tail fin.
7. In the event of a tie, the fish that was weighed-in first shall be declared the winner.
8. Fishing guides are allowed.
Registration and Fees:
Registration Begins - Friday, October 7
12:00pm – Empire, LA
The Empire Social & Pleasure Club
· Fee - $75 per person
· Cash, Checks and Credit Cards will be accepted.
· No entries will be accepted after 8:30 p.m., Friday, October 7, 2016.
Captains Dinner - Friday, October 7
6:00 – 8:30pm – Empire, LA
The Empire Social & Pleasure Club
Fishing begins (any Louisiana coastal waters) at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 8. The scales will open at The Empire Social & Pleasure Club at 2:00pm. Participants must be in line at weigh-in and check in with the Weigh-Master assistant before 4:00pm in order to have their fish weighed.
Awards ceremony, dinner, and raffle board starts at 6:00pm at The Empire Social & Pleasure Club.
Redfish (between 16” and 27”): 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
based on weight
Speckled Trout: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place based on weight
Flounder: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place based on weight
Hard Head: 1st place based on weight
It is the responsibility of each participant to read and follow all the rules of the SJMC Fishing Rodeo and those mandated by State and Federal Regulation.
It is expressly understood that all participants in the St. Jude Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo enter at their own risk, and that St. Jude Catholic Church, The Empire Social & Pleasure Club, sponsors of the St. Jude Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo, and all persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of said rodeo shall be exempt from any liability for libel, slander, loss, damage, negligence, harm, injury or death suffered by any participants, boat captains, crew members, vessels and equipment which may occur during or in connection with the Rodeo. All participants, by their attendance at the Rodeo, agree to indemnify and hold harmless St. Jude Catholic Church, St. Jude Men’s Club, St. Jude Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo, The Empire Social & Pleasure Club. By rodeo entry the captain or owner consents that the St. Jude Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo may use without payment or restriction, any photographs in which he/she or any of their crew may appear for any purpose what so ever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial or promotional material. The captain, owners and his crew further release the St. Jude Men’s Club Fishing Rodeo operators, sponsors, and all persons directly or indirectly related to the Rodeo from injury, loss or damage that may result from participation in this rodeo.